- Your privacy is very important. We collect limited information from time to time, like when you place an order or browse our site. The information we collect helps us understand what you want, present you with things you might like to purchase, helps create a better shopping experience, and allows us to get your purchases to you. The information we collect through internal systems will not be shared with any 3rd parties.
- If we say, “we,” “us,” “our,” or “Buffalo Billfold Company,” we are referring to the Buffalo Billfold Company.
Information we collect
- We collect various pieces of information about visitors and users of our website and online sales services.
- The main information we collect are things like user and member names, shipping/billing addresses, email addresses, phone numbers, order information, transactional details, comments, web analytics data, mailing list preferences, and IP addresses.
How we collect personal information
- We collect your personal information when you directly provide it to us, automatically when you browse our website.
- We collect your personal information when you register for an account with us, place an order, sign up for mailing lists, submit feedback, fill out surveys, or send us communications.
Personal information we collect from others
- Besides collecting Personal Information from you directly, we occasionally collect certain areas of personal information from other sources. For instance:
- If you signup for a giveaway of one of our products on another website, you may have agreed to give us access to certain categories of personal information, or to join a mailing list. These pieces of information would be collected in accordance to the agreement for that particular giveaway campaign.
How we use your personal information
- The most commonly necessary ways we use your personal information in various ways:
- To fulfill an order.
- Assisting you with your order.
- To keep a record of your transactions with us.
- To resolve any transaction issues.
- To resolve any disputes.
- To verify your identity.
- To provide you with shopping services on our website.
- To respond to questions/comments.
- To provide you with operational news and transactional information.
- To provide technical analysis in order to better our service to you.
- To monitor site activity.
- To identify potential fraud.
- To manage our relationship with you.
- To manage any legal issues.
- To train our staff.
- To improve services to you.
- For general administrative use.
- To manage job applications and interviews.
- The most common ways where you give us consent:
- Providing you with marketing information and materials.
- For purposes required by the law.
- To respond to requests by the government, court of law, or law authorities conducting an investigation.
Where your personal information is transferred and/or stored
Your personal information is stored/transferred in the USA.
We keep your personal information secured through these methods
- Your personal information is transferred to us online via a secure SSL connection.
- We use secure access controls to allow you to access your personal information.
- We store your personal information on a secure server and database.
- You may also choose to give us your personal information over the phone.
- We occasionally keep a hard copy of your personal information at a secured location in an undisclosed location in the USA.
Personal information marketing choices you have
- Where you have given us consent to do so, we send marketing emails about products, services, or information you might be interested in. You may always opt out of these emails through the unsubscribe feature our email marketing client provides.
- You are also able to make choices about cookies collected when you visit our website. You may accept all cookies, to be notified about cookies being set, or to reject all cookies. If you don’t accept certain cookies our website may not work as intended.
Cookies, Web Beacons & Website Analytics
- When you visit our website there is certain information collected:
- IP Address / Proxy Server Address;
- the Domain Name you requested;
- the name of your ISP is sometimes captured depending on your ISPs’ connection configuration;
- the date and time of your visit;
- the length of your session;
- the pages you accessed;
- the number of times you access the site within a month;
- the URL of files you look at and any information that relates to it;
- the website which referred you to our site;
- and your computers’ operating system.
- We occasionally use advertising companies to serve ads based on visits to our site. For example, if you visited a product on our website, you may later see an advertisement for that product.
- You may change how these popular web browsers collect cookies through these links:
Personal Information pertaining to children
If you are under 16 years of age, our information is not suitable for you and we ask that you leave or seek a parent, guardian, or responsible adult to browse our website for you. If you are 16-18 years old, you can browse our website but you still need parent or guardian supervision to become a registered user. It is the responsibility of a parent or guardian to monitor their children’s use of our website.
Personal Information you make public to others
We can’t control or accept any responsibility for any personal information you make available to others, or the ways in which they will use or control that data. For example, your personal information becomes public when you make a comment on a blog post or product.
Length of time we retain your personal information
- We’ll let you know about changes to this policy through our blog.
How you can access your personal information
- Deleting Your Data
- If you wish to delete your data contact us using the email listed under the “Contact US” section. We may retain the legal right to keep some of your data for either legal or business reasons.
- Correcting Your Data
- If you wish to correct your data contact us using the email listed under the “Contact US” section.
- Further Questions
- For any other questions or inquiries, please contact us using the email listed under the “Contact US” section.
If you wish to contact us in reference to any of the above items you may do so using this address: [email protected]
- August 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- September 2017
- August 2017
- May 2017
- November 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- September 2015
- November 2014
- October 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- January 2013
- January 2012
- December 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- February 2011
- July 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- October 2009
- August 2009
- June 2009
- April 2009
- January 2009
- December 2008
- November 2008
- September 2008
- July 2008
- July 2007
- June 2007
- April 2007
- February 2007
- December 2006
- September 2006
- July 2006
- November 2005
- October 2004
- June 2004
- February 2004
- December 2003
- November 2003
- September 2003
- August 2003
- July 2003
- June 2003